Immigration Issues/green cart


I got my temporary Green Cart  and employer authorization cart  in 1991 after i got married my wife American citizen .On 1992 i left US.I never receive my final  Green Cart .We staid married for 20 years and we divorce this year.What should i do to get my green cart?
Thanks in advance

Dear Panos:
Once you receive the Green Card, you do not need and/or receive EAD.  I believe what you mean to say is that in 1991 you received the 2 year conditional Green Card though marriage.  You were required to file for removal of the conditions before the expiry of the two year period [by filing I-751 Petition].  

However, I beieve you never filed the removal of condition petition and now it is too late to file one.  Your Green Crad may have been cancelled as abandoned.  

If you are in the United States, I would recommend that you consult an immigration attorney with details for proper professional consult and advise.  You may send us your details for review and advise as well.  

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.