You are here:

Immigration Issues/immigration to canada through the pgwp



I am in Canada studying at a private 2 yr college with
the purpose of applying for a pgwp, and eventually a PR

My school says that it is no longer offering the pgwp,
but I won't be changing providers.

What options do I have to obtain the PGWP after graduation?


Dear Jay,

Thanks for your inquiry.

To get the first hand information, I suggest you to follow the following link or call 1-888-242-2100

Till date, we don't have any update in regards to changes in the program. But if you read any information about the changes, please forward me so that I can address it better.

Please note that you are not eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program if you:

study in a program that is less than eight months long
participate in a Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)
participate in a Government of Canada Awards Program funded by DFAIT
receive funding from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
participate in the Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada-Chile
participate in the Canada-China Scholars Exchanges Program
participate in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
participate in a distance learning program either from abroad or from within Canada or
have previously been issued a Post-Graduation Work Permit following any other program of study.

If the above conditions doesn't apply then you are eligible to apply under the program.


Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ravi Khosla


You can ask question related to Canadian Immigration, policies and procedures.


Serving the community since last 25 years in regards to their immigration matters.

Senior Paralegal (Immigration) CVT Law Office Surrey BC


©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]