Immigration Issues/L1/L2 visa status and EAD

Question
Hi
I am in US on L2 (validity 2015) visa and my wife is on L1 (validity 2015) but now her current project is getting over in Dec. I have EAD but currently not working, (validity of EAD 2014).
Questions
1.   Still can I work If I got the job and she is looking for some other project (which is possible )
2.   If we go back to India and return after 3 month with same status(L1 & L2) my EAD will work or I need to apply for new.
3.   How long she can stay in US on L1 visa as if she is not the part of her current project.

Kindly advice
BK

Answer

The principal applicant must be employed by the L1 employer and paid the agreed upon salary by her L1 employer on a regular basis. If the employer does not continue to employ the principal applicant, there will be violation of immigration status and either a change of status application (to visitor or student or H1B or other nonimmigrant status) must be filed immediately, or you and your spouse must depart the U.S.

Since your status is dependent upon the principal applicant, you will also be violating your status if the principal applicant does not continue to maintain her status. If you depart the U.S., however, and enter again in unexpired L1/L2 visa stamp, and the principal applicant resumes her employment with the L1 employer, your unexpired EAD card will remain valid.

Ajay K. Arora