Immigration Issues/L1A petition and green card

Question

I have been in the USA for 5 yrs and 11 months on H1B.  I have returned to India. After coming back I have taken up a managerial role in my company and need to go to USA for 1 year. Can I apply for L1A ? If I am found critical there on L1A can my company also process GC if they want? Are there any limitations. Please advise.

Thanks,
Mahesh

Answer

You must be physically employed at the company outside the U.S. in a managerial or executive capacity for at least one year before the U.S. branch or subsidiary can file an L1A petition for you: www.h1b1.com/L1visa.htm

The green card process can be started as well once you are physically employed at the company outside the U.S. for at least one year: http://www.h1b1.com/lcmultinational.htm

Ajay K. Arora