Immigration Issues/Living in USA


Firstly may I thank you in advance for your time.
My boyfriend has been offered a job in USA. We are both British age 44. There are no problems with him moving, his company have sorted it all.  

He would like to me to consider moving with him.

I would like to know if a) I would be allowed to, and as a secondary consideration, b)if there would ever be a chance of me working - I don't have any special qualifications but am experienced and competent in all the usual office things and marketing - some 20 years in UK at a top company.

I have tried to google this extensively but there is no way unless you put all your details into an agency..I really don't want to do that at this stage, I just want an idea.

Thank you very much.


Dear Wendy,

I believe you may be eligible for a spouse visa that is dependent upon your husband's work visa.  However, I don't have any information about what visa your husband's company is applying for him, so my advice will be limited.  The idea I can give you is to find out what visa your husband is applying and apply for a spouse dependent visa under the same category.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.