Immigration Issues/Marriage to a EU citizen 2

Question
Hi Ravi,

Don't know if you remember but I sent you a question a few weeks ago regarding marriage to a Danish girl and the steps necessary for her to stay in the country, it was pretty straight forward as I recall.

The problem is things are not quite as cut and dry as I first suspected, she wants to come to Canada on a permanent basis sooner than we had planned.

So my question is, is there any way that she can have her stay extended without us getting married, as we were hoping to have a summer wedding, and by that time she will have well exceeded the allowable 90 days. I guess if we have to get married sooner than that we can, but it isn't preferable for us.

What would you recommend?  

Thanks,

Jake

Answer
Hi Jake,

The simple way is to submit an application for extension of her visitor status, which cost her $75 and she can mention that she have sufficient funds to support herself in Canada and like to visit other parts of Canada. NO VOLUNTEER information required to give; such as we are planning to get married in summer etc. Follow this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
Regards
Ravi

Ravi Khosla