Immigration Issues/Employment history for Green Card through employment

Hello Mr. Singh,

My company is sponsoring my Green Card via employment and the lawyers want my exact employment history. There is some discrepancy in the position title which i put on the resume and the position title my H1b LCAs were for. Since my previous couple of companies were small scale, they wanted to file the H1b under a title for which the prevailing wage is less and they could afford me (not a consultant, a regular full time employment). The problem now is, while applying for my new position i put a different position title so that it could match to what i was doing. Both the position titles and description are not completely different (1 is Business Systems Analyst and other is QA Analyst). I am not sure if I should tell this to the lawyers as they are through my company and might tell them and I dont know how will they react.
My Question is: Should I just leave the positions as is and let it go for GC application or talk to the lawyers and make changes? Will USCIS find out the discrepancy?

To my understanding your position title for GC process should be what your current H1B is for.  You mention that earlier position titles were as on approved LCA's - I don't understand why your resume would have a different one.  Also, it is not for you but for your lawyer and the company to put position title.  

To me your situation needs to be evaluated by a professional with all the details of job position and duties - past and current, and I would recommend   that you hire an attorney experienced in non-immigrant visas and have proper consultation.  

If you want you may leave the positions as is - but do consult an experienced attorney with all your details.  

Best wishes,  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.