Immigration Issues/Immigration Status

Hi Ravi,

My wife has applied for a temporary visitor status a few months ago. I received an email a few days ago saying the following:

There is currently a message waiting for you in your my CIC please click here to log in.

They have changed the my cic login since I applied, and I see under the help menu that I cannot check the status of my application online anymore, because temporary residence permits are not available on the site.

I can't seem to access the email. Should I assume it's an approval? I would imagine that if it was a denial and she had to leave the country they would be attempting to contact me via phone? We are preparing a permanent residency application and applied to extend her stay here while we do. I would just like to know what's up with her application.

Any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks Ravi,

Jordan Reid

Dear Jordan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Have you submitted Application for Permanent Residence from within Canada Spouse or Common-law Partner?

I don't see any problem, if you applied to extend her stay while her PR application is in process. Usually, PR application under the above category takes a while therefore I suggest you to keep her status valid till she become PR. You can call CIC Call Centre: 1-888-242-2100 in regards to online status.

Ravi Khosla

You can ask question related to Canadian Immigration, policies and procedures.

Serving the community since last 25 years in regards to their immigration matters.

Senior Paralegal (Immigration) CVT Law Office Surrey BC