Immigration Issues/Maximum duration of stay

Hello Ajay,
I have question regarding clock reset and if that is applicable in my case. I was US on L1B from Jan 26, 2008 till Aug 10, 2010. Filed an extension while I was here during 2010 and got the extension till Jan 25, 2012. I went back to India on Aug 10, 2010 and got my visa stamped and came back to US in Aug 15, 2011. Filed another extension and got till Jan 24, 2014. Would I be able to get another extension as i was out of US for more than year? what would happen if i have my employer file H1B?

Your response is appreciated. Thank you!!

It seems you were out of US maintaining your H1B status; so, that may not work for the clock re-set.  

However, the law regarding clock re-set entail certain complexities and, therefore, it is advised to have proper legal consultation with an attorney having expertise in H1B visa's.  

Best wishes,  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.