Immigration Issues/voluntary exit

Question
QUESTION: Hi Mr. Ravi,

I just want to ask a question regarding my case. Last year 2012, We went to the Canada US border at Coutts to fix our work permit. June 8 was the expiration of my work permit and I renew it June 6,2012. My LMO was not obtained yet and waiting for our name to be approved since it is UNNAMED LMO. August 15, we received a refusal letter stating that we dont have the positive lmo so my application was refused.We need to apply for restoration within 90 days. 3 days after I received the refusal letter,came the positive LMO. So instead of applying for the restoration, we were advised to cross the US-Canada border ,together with our employer,for a chance to fix the work permit in 1 day. But then, the immigration officer told us why we didn't apply for restoration online, and we shouldn't have come to their office. Our visa by that time was expired too,without realizing that,yes, we need a valid visa to enter again to Canada. As a result,we were given an option of voluntary exit and fix our papers in our homeland.
Would there be a negative impact or a visa refusal if we reapply for our work permit again in the future? What could be  a good reason to show in my application that I will go back once my visa or work permit expires. Hope I could get some advise from you. Thank you very much.

ANSWER: Dear Mvdc,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Would there be a negative impact or a visa refusal if we reapply for our work permit again in the future?

There shouldn't be any negative impact as long as you comply with officer's request.

What could be a good reason to show in my application that I will go back once my visa or work permit expires?

As long as you establish your strong ties with your home country, there shouldn't be any problem but it's ALWAYS a discretion of officer whether he or she issue you a visa or not despite all good reasons. Therefore, you have to re-apply with all the supporting documents.

Ravi

P.S: If you contacted me earlier, I never suggested you to apply for an extension of your work permit without positive LMO or I rather suggest you to apply during the restoration period with an extra fee of $200 along with positive LMO. Good luck & be positive.

QUESTION: Thanks for the all the information, it keeps my spirits high!i have a follow up question, I hope you don't mind. What are the ways to show that i have strong ties with my home country? I have bought one property, others are already from my parents . Can i include my parents' property as well. I dont have enough fund on my bank statement, but i still have CAD dollars that Im keeping since i returned to my homeland.
Thanks again and more power

Answer
Honestly, there is nothing written in law that provide a guarantee to get visa by showing ONLY strong ties in home country because the end decision is bases on officer's discretion. Make sure you put all your documents that you can show your ties with home country: such as family composition, own any property, current LMO, previous Notice of Assessment, Current Job offer etc. I wish you good luck.

Ravi Khosla