Immigration Issues/help


In 2000 my son was removed to Italy. He was removed on two counts (459 PC FEL AND 470(D) PC FEL. This was 13 years ago. I am trying to find out if he can return to the U.S. I contacted the USCIS and they told me to contact the Department of State. I have been unable to speak with a real person I only get the computer system. It tells me the date and where he was removed from. I want to know if my son can come back to the U.S. and what I need to do to make this happen. So far I have contacted ICE, USDOJ and USCIS and I seem to be going in circles. Is there some real person I can talk to that can give me the information I need?

Dear Lina:The first thing you need to consult on your son's situation is copies of the record of criminal case, disposition certificates and deportation record. I would (if you do not have the record) you make a Freedom Of Information Request on Form G-639 and get a copy of his record.  You may contact an attorney to do that or you can do it on your own.  Once you have the record, I would recommend that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney.  I sure sure there are people who can advise you the best for your son. You may, however, contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you.  

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.