Immigration Issues/my son


My son is an Italy. He was deported over 10 years ago. Can I file a form I-130 to have him come to the U.S. or can he file for a U.S. green card in Italy on his own? Before he was deported to Italy he had a green card. When he was deported his green card was taken away.

Dear Lina:
Your query is too precise to be meaningfully answered.  If your son had a GC and was deported, then maybe he has a permanent bar; details would be needed regarding - how he got the GC, how old was he, why was he deported, etc.

I would suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney in your area or send us the details an we will be more than happy to answer you concerns.  

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.