Immigration Issues/GREEN CARD FOR MOTHER

Question
I am an US Citizen by Naturalization and my wife is an Indian Citizen.  She had Green card in 1994 and was making frequent trips from India to keep Green Card Alice whereas I was working in USA (now retired and getting SS Benefits).  She was not in a position to visit US because of some family commitments and in the meanwhile her Green Card expired in 2004.  She surrendered her expired Green Card in 2009 in US Consulate in Hyderabad and obtained 10 Year Multiple Entry Visa.
I am now retired and would like to settle down in US along with my wife- now that all her commitments are fulfilled.
I would like my daughter or son who are well settled in US, to sponsor my wife for Green Card again.  I want my wife to visit US and then my children can submit papers for her Green Card, so that she can stay back in US till her petition is accepted or rejected.

With this as background, my question is:

1.    Will there be a problem in filing petion by my children because my wife held Green Card earlier and surrendered it in 2009
2.   Is there any place in any of the application forms ( I am not sure which forms my daughter or son should fill up) wherein  the specific information should be furnished on her previous expired Green Card
3.   What are the chances of my wife getting Green Card again

Thanks

Answer

A parent can be sponsored by a U.S. citizen child through the filing of an immigrant petition. However, a parent should not enter the U.S. on a visitor visa if an immigrant petition has already been filed prior to entry as visitor status does not allow for an intent to immigrate to the U.S.

It is OK if the sponsored individual had a green card earlier and surrendered it. There is no direct question on the sponsorship paperwork but there is a question about whether an immigrant petition has been filed earlier.

There should be no problem for a parent of a U.S. citizen child to receive a green card.

Ajay K. Arora