Immigration Issues/Lost My Green Card


What happens if I lost my green card, and I need to travel in approximately 2 weeks. Would they give me a temporary one?

Sorry to hear about your situation; however, you may apply for GC online with fee and schedule an info-pass appointment to speak to an officer with y our receipts immediately, the officer may give you stamp on the PP for a year.  

Other way is to apply for your GC (I-90) via mail with fee, get receipt and then speak with an officer who may give you a stamp on your PP fro travel.

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.