Immigration Issues/Non-Availability Certificate

Question
Sir,
My wife applied for NAC at her municipal office. They provided a certificate with proper content such as “search has been made on the request.....and not found”, but in the header line, there is no “NON-AVAILABILITY CERTIFICATE” and “Issued under section 17 of the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969”

Instead of the above two lines they put the header as “CERTIFICATE”. Do you think this is fine or it should have “NON- AVAILABILITY CERTIFICATE” (along with “Issued under....Act, 1969”)?

Answer

The heading on the certificate does not matter--it is the contents of the letter that are important. In this case, it is obvious that her birth certificate cannot be found by a registrar of births/deaths. It is OK to submit the Certificate as issued.

Ajay K. Arora