Immigration Issues/Visitor Visa Extension for USA

Question
Ajay,
I am planning to extend my mother's visa for 2 more months.She has 10 yrs of multiple entry visa and she visited USA for 4 times. She never stayed for 6 full months any time during her visit. This is the first time we would like to apply for extension of Visitor Visa.

I have the following questions:
1. Her current I-94 expires by Jan 27th. When is the best time to apply for Visa extension(How soon do we need to send the documents)
2. How much fee do we need to pay for Visitor Visa Extension
3. Since she visited 4 times to USA, will she be more proned towards denial
4. DO we need to book the return ticket right now and send it to them as a proof ( Is it mandatory)

Answer

The extension application must be filed no later than I-94 expiration date. If ready to be filed, go ahead and file now, as there is no advantage in waiting till close to the deadline to file. The filing fee is $290.

It will probably be approved, as this is her first extension and she has never stayed for close to the full 6 months earlier. It also depends on how many entries to the U.S. she has had recently. You will find other factors on the following page of our website: http://www.h1b1.com/B1-B2visa.htm

An intention to depart the U.S. is best shown through copy of a return ticket, but if this is not possible, at least print out an itinerary showing a reservation on a particular airline to depart the U.S. on x day.

Ajay K. Arora