Immigration Issues/failed to pay last semester tuition

Question
Hello,
My OPT ends in August and I need to apply for my H1B. My case happens to be a little too complicated though.

I have 2 masters degrees. One is an MS in Sociology and the other is MBA. Both degrees were pursued at Virginia Commonwealth University. MS Sociology was completed in May 2009 and MBA was completed in May 2012. Unfortunately, I was unable to pay my last semester's tuition for MBA  due to financial hardships. As a consequence, I don't have my degree and official transcripts for MBA. I have set up a payment plan to pay off my tuition but it will take me at least 2 years to pay off 13,000 dollars.

How is this going to effect my chances of applying for H1B? Can I even apply?

I will like to mention that I have my degree and official transcripts from MS Sociology.

Also, I am currently working as a business analyst.

Answer

Evidence of completion of the MBA degree will be required for the position of Business Analyst for successful filing of the H1B petition. As a practical matter, the USCIS is usually satisfied with copy of transcript, so a transcript (even if unofficial transcript) is OK if it indicates somewhere on the transcript that the degree was completed and date of completion.

Ajay K. Arora