Immigration Issues/Filing I 751 to remove conditions on green card
I am married to a USC and my conditional green card will expire in a few months. I'm getting ready to file I-751 with supporting paperwork. I have a few questions regarding this:
1. I have recently started a new job in another city and have rented a commuter apartment there. I work from my previous address (where my husband still lives) one week per month. I have not changed my mailing address for any important paperwork like bank statements etc. Should I put my commuter apt address on the form where it asks for "additional addresses"? I am planning to continue to use my old address for all USCIS paperwork.
2. My husband and I did not file joint tax returns (we filed married filing separately). Is it ok if we don't submit tax returns with the form?
3. My husband never added my name to his lease, as we rent from an old couple, not a company, and it was not a problem for me to start living with him there. Hence, I don't have a joint lease to file with the I 751. What other kinds of paperwork could I file to show that I lived with him at this rental?
We do have a jointly owned car, insurance documents, joint bank account, joint credit card and beneficiary information that I intend to file with the I 751. I will also file photos, wedding invitation and evidence of vacations taken together.
Thanks for your help.
1) You may only your home address as permanent address;
2) Married filing separate is okay; you may submit the tax returns (even otherwise these will be required later.)
3) Get a letter from the landlord with you and your husband as tenants of the property.
Rest, you seem fine; however, should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact.