You are here:

Immigration Issues/Spousal Sponsorship Within Canada


I am applying to sponsor my spouse for permanent residence in Canada. We are applying from WITHIN Canada. On the GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA (IMM 0008) Question 4 asks 'Immigration Office Requested for Processing this Application'. Since we are inside of Canada is it the offices where we live (Vancouver), where they are sent (Mississauga) or where he is from (São Paulo Brazil)? The guide suggests we put the country of Nationality OR the country in which the applicant (my spouse) is residing, provided that he has been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.  -  He is currently on a multiple entry tourist visa valid for 6 months - though once we submit the application with an open work permit I believe he then has legal status as 'implied status'

Please confirm how we should fill in this part of the form.

thank you!

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your inquiry.

If you have decided to apply within Canada then mention the office name Vegreville, AB
You don't have send anything to Mississauga.

Please follow this link:

You have to submit the application to the following address:

Case Processing Centre
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta
T9C 1W3

Further, you make sure during the whole process your spouse maintain his legal status by applying extension to the same address. Extension application can be downloaded from the same CIC web site.


Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ravi Khosla


You can ask question related to Canadian Immigration, policies and procedures.


Serving the community since last 25 years in regards to their immigration matters.

Senior Paralegal (Immigration) CVT Law Office Surrey BC


©2017 All rights reserved.