Immigration Issues/Work permit extension

Question
QUESTION: Hi Ravi,
My Work permit expiry date is 30th August 2013. I have submitted my PR application under AINP program by 20th March 2013.

Questions:
1. I would like to know how soon I can apply for work permit extension? I will apply for work permit extension with same employer based on job letter and valid provincial nominee approval letter.Reason to apply soon is that I have to invite my parents in canada in the month of June.
2. Can I extend my Spouse work permit extension together with me?I have included her in initial work permit and during AINP application.She is holding currently open work permit.

Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Atul,

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. Well, you can apply at least 4-8 weeks before for the WP extension with your Alberta nominee certificate and proof that you are still working for the same employer (enclose a recent pay stubs & job letter).  There is no need for an LMO

2. Yes, by all means you can submit your spouse WP application at the same time along with supporting documents. End of the day, it's officer discretion and we hardly seen refusals once a person has been nominated then his or her spouse WP been refused.

Ravi

QUESTION: Thanks Ravi for your response.  
I just further wanted to know
1.What's the maximum allowable time to apply for WP extension?: if I apply now 6 months prior to expiry, whether my application will be accepted at CIC or not?
Also, I am quite worried if my work permit is not valid more than 6 months, My parents visa could be rejected because of that.
2. For my initial work permit, I have submitted LMO and Job contract (which clearly says contract is for 1 year and its ends on June 2013).
And now for work permit extension application I got only updated job letter from employer.  So only updated job letter is fine that I am working with same employer and need to renew work permit for the duration of 2 years? Do I just need to ignore job contract as I am having provincial nominee approval?

Thanks.
Atul

Answer
1. What’s the maximum allowable time to apply for WP extension?: if I apply now 6 months prior to expiry, whether my application will be accepted at CIC or not?

Usually, CIC requirements are to apply 4 weeks before the expiration of WP. There is no maximum allowable time stipulated in the Immigration Act. Since officer(s) got huge discretion in terms of processing any given application, therefore it is up to the officer whether he or she wants more evidence of your intentions for applying 6 months ahead. But the rejection chances are quite less.

I can't answer until I know under which occupation you are working. In terms of Live-in Caregiver application, applicants are allowed to submit their extension without new LMO, if working with the same employer but it should contain all the relevant documents that have been mentioned in the checklist.

Ravi

Ravi Khosla