Immigration Issues/Application for Permanent Residence

Question
Dear Sir,

I first came to Canada with a scholarship from Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). CIDA imposed a condition according to which I had to return to my home country when I graduated and that I could not come back to Canada as a permanent resident within two years since my return to my country. I went back to Vietnam in June 2011 and came back to Canada with another student visa. In June 2012, I applied for a Quebec's Selection Certificate in the category of Permanent Workers. I think that I will receive a decision as to my application for a Quebec's Selection Certificate. If the decision is positive, I will apply for permanent residence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Thus, I would be grateful to inform me whether I am eligible for permanent residence as I did not remain two years in my home country.

Best regards,

Quang Hieu Can

Answer
Hi Hieu.

Thanks for your inquiry.

I need to know under which section of immigration act, CIDA imposed conditions. Though the Québec and Canadian governments share jurisdiction with respect to immigration but if a candidate meet selection & admission requirements then I don't see any problem. I will wait for your response.

Ravi

Ravi Khosla