Immigration Issues/Application for Permanent Residence

Dear Sir,

I first came to Canada with a scholarship from Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). CIDA imposed a condition according to which I had to return to my home country when I graduated and that I could not come back to Canada as a permanent resident within two years since my return to my country. I went back to Vietnam in June 2011 and came back to Canada with another student visa. In June 2012, I applied for a Quebec's Selection Certificate in the category of Permanent Workers. I think that I will receive a decision as to my application for a Quebec's Selection Certificate. If the decision is positive, I will apply for permanent residence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Thus, I would be grateful to inform me whether I am eligible for permanent residence as I did not remain two years in my home country.

Best regards,

Quang Hieu Can

Hi Hieu.

Thanks for your inquiry.

I need to know under which section of immigration act, CIDA imposed conditions. Though the Québec and Canadian governments share jurisdiction with respect to immigration but if a candidate meet selection & admission requirements then I don't see any problem. I will wait for your response.

Ravi Khosla

You can ask question related to Canadian Immigration, policies and procedures.

Serving the community since last 25 years in regards to their immigration matters.

Senior Paralegal (Immigration) CVT Law Office Surrey BC