You are here:

Immigration Issues/forms to petition a daughter


Hi! My mom is a naturalized US citizen and would like to petition my sister who is legally working in the US.  My sister is single and over 21 years old.  What forms other than the I-130 need to be filed? Do we also need to file the I-485?

Thank you!

Form G-325A for both [Petitioner (your Mom) and the Beneficiary (your Mom's sister). Please note that being a sibling Petition it may take many years (10+) for the priority date to become current and then filing I-485 if your Mom's sister is still i the US legally otherwise it would be visa processed at the concerned consulate.

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.