Immigration Issues/I-130 petition file while another is pending?

Question
Good day sir, my sister has recently filed an i130  petition on my behalf as his brother. I was misinformed it can enable me to register permanent residence/ adjust status with form i485. I filled the i485 but was denied by USCIS that my priority date is not current. I am confused. I was misinformed. I wish to stay with my sister here in the US as she is a citizen. please, My question is this : can i fill another i130 petition (as my girlfriend is a UScitizen) through marraige while the i130 from my sister is pending? Or will i be better off filling to adjust my b1 visa to F1 to enable me stay legal in America. Or is either option a possiblity? I seriously need your help. Pls reply. Thank you sir.

Answer

You cannot remain legally in the U.S. based solely on sponsorship by a U.S. citizen sibling. It will probably take at least 10 years for an immigrant visa to be available in the 4th family preference category: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

You can remain legally in the U.S. based on bona fide marriage to a U.S. citizen, and the earlier I-130 filing will not interfere with sponsorship based on marriage to a U.S. citizen: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

There is a strong likelihood that your change of status application from visitor to student will be denied, as you have an intention to immigrate to the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora