Immigration Issues/AC21 Job Offer Letter

Question
Dear Sir,

My 485 was applied in January 2012 and I changed job in November 2012.  I now got an RFE for a job offer letter.  The RFE states it should include description, salary and Educational Requirements for the position.

I have a 3 Year Bachelor + 3 Year Masters from India.  My PERM listed the Educational Requirement as Masters + 2 years experience.

The current employer is not willing to write Masters + 2 years.  They say , per their Attorney's advice Bachelors + 7 years experience is fine.

I am concern since I do not have a 4 year Bachelors.

Do you advice proceeding with the current letter OR finding a job which requires Masters + 2 years experience and use that letter ?
Thank you much for your service

Answer

For green card purposes, a 3 year bachelor's degree is not equivalent to a four-year U.S. degree in most cases. Perhaps the employer can compromise and state in the letter that either a master's plus 2 years experience, or a bachelor's degree plus 7 years experience, are acceptable for the job.

Ajay K. Arora