Immigration Issues/Change of job in H1B

Question
I am currently on H1b with my employer and my future employer has filed a H1B and as per them I can start working on Receipt notice with them.Is it ok to take a new job on H1b receipt notice? How much time it usually take to process from receipt notice to approved petition.Is there is way to check how much time current processing is taking? as my employer is saying even in Premium processing it is taking equal amount of time for complete process.

Answer

Under H1B portability rules, you can be employed by Employer B upon its filing (you do not have to wait for approval) of an H1B petition requesting extension of status that you hold currently through Employer A. Related information is here: www.h1b1.com/concurrent.htm

If filed through premium processing, the USCIS will make a decision within 15 days of filing. If through regular processing, it can take anywhere from 1 month to 5 months for a decision. The employer can provide you with a receipt notice issued by the USCIS upon filing. This receipt notice will have information about tracking the status of the case online at the USCIS website.  

Ajay K. Arora