Immigration Issues/Change of Petitioner

Question
I filed a petition for my married sister under category F4. Now my parents are US citizens. Is there a way they can file a petition for her so that her priority date remains the same and she is able to get a visa sooner than she would under F4? If there is, how do we go about the procedure? Thank you very much for your response.

Sincerely,
Syedah.

Answer

Unfortunately, the priority date cannot be transferred from the F4 to the F3 petition. A new priority date (when the petition for relative [Form I-130) is received by the USCIS)) will be assigned in the F3 category. General information is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm  

Ajay K. Arora