Immigration Issues/H1b Transfer



My Current Employer A has started my H1-B transfer under normal processing. I have resigned and joined my employer on getting  H1-B transfer receipt notice.

In case H1-B transfer started by Employer A is rejected :-
1. Can I initiate fresh H1-B transfer by joining other employer?
2. What will be my status in case H1-B transfer rejects?
3. How long can I stay with in country? Is there any interim grace period where I can search job and go for fresh transfer.

Please advice, as I am bit tensed.

1) Yes,
2) For a reasonable justified period you would be fine,
3) For a reasonable justified period of time depending on your circumstances. "Reasonable Period" has not been quantified - usually it is 30 days or more if justified.

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]