Immigration Issues/Job change in H1B status

Question
Hi,I am currently working with Employer A on H1B and got an offer letter and H1B receipt with Employer B.
I have few question:

1.Will that be fine to take new job on receipt?
2.If I resign and serve notice period with A and join B after couple of days.Will that affect my Status?or do I need to start working with B immediately?

Thanks!

Answer

Under H1B portability rules, it is OK to work for Employer B on receipt of the H1B petition by the USCIS. Related information is here: www.h1b1.com/concurrent.htm

As long as you commence employment with Employer B no later than 30 to 60 days after termination of employment with Employer A, you will have maintained H1B status.

Ajay K. Arora