Immigration Issues/Vistor visa

Question
My husband lives in Jamaica and I have sponsored him in Jan 2013, the sponsorship portion has been approved but not the rest for landed immigrant. Can we apply for a multiple entry visitors visa for him so he can visit me (travel back and forth) will waiting immigration decision?

Answer
Dear Andrea,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Personally, I will suggest you to wait because your husband has already submitted his permanent resident application under Family Class. Therefore his intentions are to live in Canada on a permanent basis. But for visitor visa, an applicant has to establish that he or she is going to Canada for temporary basis. Since there is a dual intent, I don't see that your husband will get visitor visa. If he likes to try, there is no harm but getting a visitor visa is very unlikely.

Ravi

Ravi Khosla