Immigration Issues/I-140- Ability to pay

Question
Hello Sir,

Here is my current situation.

I have a EB3 140 approved/ 485 Pending from my previous Employer with Aug 2003 Priority Date. Last Jan I filed a new EB2 Perm through my New/ Current Employer and it got approved few weeks ago. While Filing preparing for 140 and porting, My attorney found that the new employer's financial statements of 2003 and 2004 are not supporting the "Ability to pay" clause defined by USCIS and he feels my case may get rejected when submitted for porting of Previous priority date.
My Questions is

Does it really matter about 2003 financial of New employer ?
What are my options here : I badly need to use my old priority date so i can get my GC approved sooner. Please advice

Answer

The new employer will only be required to show ability to pay the offered salary from the date of filing the new PERM. Thus, the latest federal tax return or annual report or (audited is preferred) financial statements are required. If the employer has 100 or more employees, only a letter from the chief financial officer of the company indicating ability to pay the offered salary is required.

You can totally disregard the new employer's 2003 financials. Indeed, I recommend that no financial documentation prior to the filing of the new PERM be filed with the I-140 petition.

Ajay K. Arora