Immigration Issues/Divorce and I-485



My Sister is a US Citizen. She got married 4 months ago to her fiance who came to US on a K1 visa and filed for her fiance husband i-30 which was accepted and now they are not happy together. She wants to file for divorce and stop the immigration process. He is already got a work permit and recently a letter came from USCIS that they may call him for the interview or maybe not. Can you please tell the process to stop the Green card and also cancel his work permit. I greatly apprecite it.

Sorry to hear that, however, you may write to DHS/USCIS that you no longer wish to proceed with the I-130 petition and wish to withdraw it and that you have already divorced. Enclosed copy of the divorce judgment as well. You may write at the address on the interview notice, or the receipt notices or call 1-800-375-5283.

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.