Immigration Issues/help


I am an American citizen. My wife entered the U.S. illegally 5 years ago. No Visa, nothing. I filed a I-130, it is currently pending. If it is approved what is my next step. We have a 4 year old daughter who was born here in the U.S. After the I-130 is approved do I file the I-601A for a hardship. Please help. Thank you for your help. Your answers are very helpful.

You may file I-601A for her to get processed for GC. I would, however, recommend that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney before taking any re-course because immigration laws are very complex and you would for sure need and require assistance pursuing your case.  You may contact our offices via email or telephonic and we would be more than happy to assist you in this regard.  

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.