Immigration Issues/L2 visa application while pregnant

Question

I have a dilemma regarding applying for an L2 visa. I am a Filipina married to an Indian and we are both residing here in the Philippines. My husband got his L1 visa petition approved and we have both I-129 and I-797. We are planning to go on L1 and L2 visa application together which we plan to schedule in the next 3 weeks.

However, I am currently 5 months pregnant. I don't know if this will be an issue on getting my L2 visa approved. Ideally, we don't want to be apart for a very long time and would like to go to the US together. However, if my pregnancy is going to be an issue, I can just apply for the L2 with my baby after I give birth and he will be going to US first.

Please advise me whether there are better chances of me getting L2 visa right now that i am just 5 months pregnant or just after giving birth.

PS.We have medical insurance coverage in the US in case I will be giving birth there.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

Answer

As you are not likely to be a "public charge" on the government (since insurance is available) and since L visa status allows for intention to immigrate to the U.S., and since there is a bona fide job offer, etc., there should be no problem in applying for L2 visa stamp at any time.

Ajay K. Arora