Immigration Issues/Marriage to U.S. Citizen

Question
I am an American citizen. My wife has been in the U.S. illegally for 5 years. We have a daughter 4 years old she is an American citizen. I filed a I-130 with immigration and it is currently pending. What is my next step if the I-130 is approved?

Answer

If your wife initially entered the U.S. legally, even if her visa status has subsequently expired, the general rule is that she can file for adjustment of status (even if the I-130 has not yet been approved). General information is here: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

Ajay K. Arora