Immigration Issues/Permanent residence visa while passport is lost

Question
Dear Sir;
 I lost my passport while I am staying temporarily in a foreign country, I hold a work permit in that country valid for 2 years from now. I already got CSQ along with my family in 2011, and I expect to get a request for medical within 4 months from now. the problem is getting a new passport may take long time due to war in my country. if I happen to receive the medical without having my passport, what should I do?

Answer
Dear Tammam,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Well, you will get the instructions to follow in regards to get your Medical but in your case you should discuss your situation with the DMP where you will have the medical done. Usually DMP ask the passport for identification purposes and it is up to the Doctor, if he or she is satisfied either with a photocopy of your passport or any other ID for the purpose of identification.

Ravi
www.canwestimmigration.com

Ravi Khosla