Immigration Issues/adjustment of status

Question
Hi sir or madam,

I am in us on H1 visa. My father put file in may 23 2003.Right now cut off dates in march June 15 2003.I apply for adjustment of status. How long they take time for green card.

Answer

Allow between 6 months and one year for the adjustment of status application to be approved after filing with the USCIS. It can be longer if there is retrogression of visa availability dates, but hopefully that will not happen.

About 2 weeks after filing you will be mailed the receipt notice for each application filed including the adjustment of status, employment authorization, and advance parole document applications with case number which can be tracked online at the USCIS website.

Ajay K. Arora