Immigration Issues/Citizenship

Question
Hello
I was sponsored by my wife 3 years ago to come to canada
Now I want to apply for citizenship we have been separated for 4 months now and we are going to file for divorce
So my question when I apply for citizenship , would immigration contact her , and if they find out we re no longer together would that prevent me from getting the citizenship , would she be able to prevent from getting my citizenship knowing I have no criminal record

Answer
Dear Ahmad,

ASA

Thanks for your inquiry.

- would immigration contact her
No

- if they find out we re no longer together would that prevent me from getting the citizenship
No

- would she be able to prevent from getting my citizenship knowing I have no criminal record
No

You must meet the following requirement in order for Citizenship:

Be a permanent resident;
be 18 years of age or older;
have lived in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the four years before the date you sign your application (time spent residing in Canada prior to acquiring permanent residence counts as a half day of residence — see residence calculator);
have an adequate knowledge of either English or French (see What is meant by “adequate knowledge of English or French”?);
have an adequate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship;
not be under a removal order (in other words, the Government of Canada has not ordered you to leave the country);
not be a security risk;
not be criminally prohibited; and attend a ceremony and take the oath of citizenship

In regards to Ineligibility
Canadian citizenship will not be granted to applicants who:

Do not meet the minimum required residency days in Canada;
   Cannot speak either English or French;
   Do not pass their citizenship test and/or interview;
   Cannot provide the required proof of residency documentation.

There are also multiple legal and criminality issues which may make you ineligible for Canadian citizenship.

If any of the following apply to you, you may not qualify for citizenship:

You have had your citizenship taken away within the past five years;
   You are currently, or have been convicted of a criminal offense in the past three years;
   You are in prison, on parole or on probation;
   You are under removal order from Canada;
   You are under investigation for, or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against  humanity.

Hope the information is helpful and I wish you all the best to you.
Ravi

Ravi Khosla