Immigration Issues/Enrolling in Online Community College While Being on Visit Visa

Question

I need to do few college level courses from US to be able to apply to certain graduate programs here. I am here in US these days on visit visa and want to enroll in online college courses to meet the pre-requisites. Can I do 2 to 3 courses online while being in US on visit visa?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Answer

A visitor should not be enrolled in a formal program of study in the U.S. However, if it is online I do not see how it can lead to a practical problem. To be technically in compliance, however, check with the DSO (also known as the International Student Advisor) at the university.

Ajay K. Arora