Immigration Issues/H1 B Visa Status

Question
Hi ,

Currently My I140 approved and waiting for 485 date to become current and i am currently working on H1B valid until 2016 FEB.

I need to go out from USA for 2 years and i will be back to US after 2 years and in this period i will not get US salary and i will be on long leave .

Can i reenter to US ? If Yes any docs required ? will my Green card process continue ? will my H1 B valid ? Please confirm

Answer

The GC process will continue, assuming that the employer does not revoke its I-140 petition.

You can enter on your unexpired H1B visa anytime prior to expiration, but be ready after such a long absence with a recently dated letter (at that time) from your employer requesting you to commence your employment as per the H1B petition that was filed, and be familiar with the contents of the H1B petition (job title, salary, location of job, etc.)

Ajay K. Arora