Immigration Issues/L2 visa - Doc. required

Question
Hi Ajay,

My husband is applying for Independent L1 thru his employer.  He was saying as L2 doc. requirment we have to submit 'no objection certificate' from my employer (since currently I am working).  However, I do not wish to disclose my visa application and all to my employer at this point of time.  After getting visa I am going to resign.

So is it mandatory to give No Objection Certificate from my employer for visa processing?  Kindly help.

Answer

Apply for the L2 visa without the no objection letter. Carry evidence with you that you are planning to reside in the U.S. with your husband and verbally tell the consular officer (if you are asked) at the interview that you will certainly give up your employment in India when issued the L2 visa.

Hopefully the consular officer will accept this reasoning and issue the L2 visa without asking you to submit a letter from the current employer.

Ajay K. Arora