Immigration Issues/Police Clearance, overstayed in the US

Question
Hi, Happy New Year
I overstayed my B1-B2 Visa for 8 mos in the USA last 2005.
I entered the US on July 3 2005, was given 3 mos at the port of entry and left Aug 2006.
I married a USC and we have our pending spouse visa application. We are still waiting for our case number assignment in the NVC.
While waiting, I want to accomplish the stuff I need. One of which is the police clearance. Since I stayed outside the Philippines for more than 6 mos - I need to get one. I need to get one right? Where can I get the police clearance if I cant go back to the US til they approve our petition. Should a police clearance here in the Philippines should suffice?
Thank you in advance sir

Answer
Hi, Happy New Year to you as well.

You will not need a police clearance certificate from the U.S., as you will automatically be checked against the appropriate database as part of the consular processing. Please comply with all other instructions from the NVC.

Ajay K. Arora