Immigration Issues/Social Security Card / I-130 / tax return

Question
Hello,

Me and my husband will be filling out I-130 and tax return for 2013 (married jointly). I am not a US citizen but I do have a social security number as I've lived and worked in the US. We're wondering which name I should put on the tax forms and I-130 as I've changed my last name (taking his) but my social security card is still with my maiden name on it. I've changed all my IDs in my home country, so my last name is different now. If using my new name when filling out the tax return forms and I-130, and providing my social security number, will this cause a mismatch issues in the system?
What should we do? I don't think there's a way for me to change my name with the SSA.

Thank you for your help.

Answer

Use your new last name on all petitions/applications filed with the USCIS. It is OK if your ss card has your maiden name, since a copy of your marriage certificate showing your new last name (or perhaps you formally changed your last name after marriage and have the appropriate document) will resolve any conflict with identity.

Ajay K. Arora