Immigration Issues/States granting driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants

Question
Hello Ajay Singh and a Happy New Year to you.

My questions are in regards to states that are granting driver's licenses to immigrants who are out of status.

I know the media has been mentioning that the government will try to pass some some form of reform this year....

I am originally from the caribbean(came to US in 1999 on F-2 visa,expired in 2002 when I turned 21;Been out of status since 2002)
and to be honest with you,I've heard these promises for almost 13 years(either they had something and it turned into nothing...or it was just plain ol talk)
So JUST IN CASE reform doesn't happen in 2014....I would have a back up plan.

I read online that some states(CA,NV,MD,UT,WA etc) are either granting driver's licenses AND/OR municpal id cards(Oakland-San Fran)

My questions to you are: 1.is it realistic for me to relocate from OH,apply and recieve a driver's license or a municipal id? 2.What do I need to do or have in order to obtain a driver's license or Municipal ID with no legal status

Any information or advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Looking forward to your reply,thank you for your time

Answer
Dear Jason:
We have heard about states like IL, MD, and DC issuing [conditional] drivers license to undocumented immigrants.  You are requested to contact the DMV of respective state about requirements before taking any steps.  There are, however, other states in the line too.  

Sorry, but there is nothing much we can do or inform about it.  

Best wishes,  

AJAY SINGH