Immigration Issues/Tourist Visa for Jamaican Citizen

Question
Hi Ajay!
My boyfriend is a Jamaican Citizen and wants to be able to visit me in the US. After doing much online research and asking others who have applied in Jamaica it seems that all the of the odds are stacked against him.  
He was recently let go from his resort job after working there for two years and owns no property. He has a young daughter that he adores and is the sole provider for and I know he would never abandon her but I am really worried about how he can demonstrate strong home ties. He has a brother who lives here in the states who is willing to support him during his stay in the US. I of course would be willing to do so as well but I think that as his American girlfriend I would raise red flags.       
My question is what can he start doing now in order to increase his chances of being approved for a tourist visa?

Answer

Your boyfriend will need to apply personally at the U.S. Consulate for a visitor visa. Your boyfriend should take evidence of employment, or property or business [yes, I read your question and he does not have this evidence, but it will be difficult to be issued a visitor visa without it] along with other ties such as family (his daughter, for example). A letter from his brother addressed to the Consulate promising that his brother will stay in his care while in the U.S. and he will ensure that he complies with visa requirements can be somewhat helpful, assuming of course that his brother is legally in the U.S.

If your boyfriend's purpose in entering the U.S. is marriage, a K1 visa is the appropriate visa and allows [actually requires] for an intention to immigrate to the U.S. Additional information is here: http://www.h1b1.com/practices/k-1-financ-e-visa/

Ajay K. Arora