Immigration Issues/H1B Extension

Question
I got my Visa approved from new Employer which is valid for 3 years but my 6 years in H1B status are getting over in next 18 Months.I am planning to go for Visa interview , will the validity date on H1 petition will have any affect?

Thanks for your help!.

Answer

The Consulate will issue you the H1B visa with a validity date only until expiration of 6 years in H1B status in the U.S., assuming that there was no fraudulent and purposeful misrepresentation on the H1B petition (Form I-129) filed with the USCIS, which in any event was signed by the employer that filed the H1B petition and was not signed by yourself.

Ajay K. Arora