Immigration Issues/Naturalization and marriage certificate

Question
Hi
My wife and I are Egyptian citizens. We have had our green cards for almost five years now and plan to apply for naturalization soon. I see that one of the requirements if to bring our marriage certificate with us to the interview. The problem is we only have a photo copy of Egyptian marriage certificate, it is also in Arabic. However, her passport clearly states in English that she is my wife (per Egyptian law which requires that information to be in passports). Would the passport suffice? Or the photocopy?
Thanks.

Answer

The documentation that you already have should be sufficient since neither of you is claiming eligibility for naturalization based on marriage to a U.S. citizen. General information about naturalization is here: http://www.h1b1.com/practices/naturalization/

Ajay K. Arora