Immigration Issues/H1visa enquiry

Question
Hi, I am currently a student of Associate degree of baking and pastry arts from Culinery institute of America on F1visa. After the course I suppose I will be able to work for next 12months as F1visa permits . But after that period if my employer wants to sponsor  me for H1visa ,will I be able to get that ?
Thanks in advance.

Answer

An H1B petition can only be filed if the position requires a bachelor's degree to perform the  job, and the beneficiary being sponsored has also completed the equivalent of a 4-year U.S. degree. Perhaps you can extend your F1 status prior to completing your OPT and be enrolled in a bachelor's degree program? You will entitled to another period of OPT at each educational level. Check with the DSO at your school or university.

Ajay K. Arora