Immigration Issues/status change of family based petition

Question
my sister filed a petition for me in 2004 under family based  ( f3 category ),by the time now my father has also become an u.s. citizen, and wants to file petition for me ( f3 category ) now what is the procedure to convert my petition from f4 to f3, retaining the same priority date that of f4 i.e. 2004

Answer

Your father can file an I-130 petition for you with the USCIS in the F3 category (your sister filed for you in the F4 category, not F3) but the priority date will not be transferred to your father's petition. However, there is no harm in your father filing his petition, and it will not conflict with the petition already filed by your sister. General information is here: http://www.h1b1.com/practices/family-marriage-sponsorship/

Ajay K. Arora