Immigration Issues/Visa

Question
I want to apply for student visa in Edmonton Calgary,I had few quarries that I want to know

1 How useful is my uncle sponsor letter for my visa application.
2 My uncle is Canadian citizen can I provide my sponsor bank statement. He lives in calgary

Answer
Dear Zeeshan.

ASA

Thanks for your inquiry.

In regards to a student visa you or a person that is sponsoring your studies need to show funds in terms of how it will support tuition fees, living expense (rent, medical, food, clothes, transport etc.) while you are studying in Canada.

-  How useful is my uncle sponsor letter for my visa application.

Visitor/Student/Work Visa: Generally depends on officer' discretion though applicant meet all the criteria but having a help from your Uncle can definitely an asset.

- My uncle is Canadian citizen can I provide my sponsor bank statement. He lives in Calgary.

Just a Bank statement is not enough. He has to provide a affidavit of support, about his work, notice of assessment, citizenship card, proof of relationship etc.

You can follow this link for more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Ravi
www.lawb.org

Ravi Khosla