Immigration Issues/Tranfer F2 to H4

Question
My visa status is F2. My husband is opt under F1 and he apply H1B visa now. I think that it's simple if I transfer visa from F2 to H4 with my husband's H1B petition. But I didn't bring my marriage certificate to U.S.A. So I don't know how to do.

My husband's opt is untill Nov 3,2014. So I think my F2 visa is valid to Nov 3,2014, even my husband's H1B is approved, is that right?

Answer

The anticipated H1B status date for your husband based on the filing of a cap-subject H1B petition will probably be October 01. If he is in H1B status on October 01, you will no longer be in F2 dependent spouse status on that date (October 01). Therefore, your application to change status from F2 to H4 should be filed no later than September 30.

Ajay K. Arora